Google's Android OS runs 81% of Smartphone's worldwide and has shipped over one billion units this past year alone. Meanwhile, the search for talented Android developers continues, making it one of the most in-demand software development skills today. MindTE knows the biggest advantage of programming for android is the fact that it is extremely easy to set up and start coding.
MindTE brings to you Android Development Course which encapsulates all the key learning factors to make you an expert Android Development professional.
Duration- 1.5 Months
Mobile Application Development Course - Android - syllabus
- What is Android
- Android Development Tools
- Security and permissions
- Installation of Android Studio
- Using Eclipse for Android development
- Using Android Virtual Devices or real devices for testing
- Getting started with Android Studio
- Parts of an Android application
- Android application components overview
- Base user interface components in Android
- The Android manifest
- Layout resource files
- Layout Manager and View Groups
- Use layouts and view interaction
- Using Resources
- Using resources in XML files and in code
- Using Scroll View
Objective 1: In this lesson, We discuss the Android Platform and the Android Development Environment and walk through the logistics of how to get started as an Android application developer.
- understand the components comprising the Android Platform
- use various tools found in the Android Development Environment
Objective 2: In this lesson, We explain the basic components from which all Android applications are created. We also present the Activity class - one of the main class responsible for displaying an application's user interface.
- recognize the four fundamental components of Android applications
- work with the lifecycle of the Activity class
- create a simple Android application
Objective 3: In this lesson, we explain the Intent class and Permissions. We also present the Fragment class - another key class responsible for displaying an application's user interface.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- create applications comprising more than one Activity
- understand how to define and enforce permissions
- design applications that run on multiple, differently-sized devices
Objective 4: In this lesson, We summarize and demonstrate the many class Android provides for creating user interfaces. By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Define and deploy applications with sophisticated and elegant user interfaces.
- Developing Mobile Applications with IOS Platform
The application development process for IOS platforms
(iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and future platforms) relies on a specialized paradigm of application development - the mobile paradigm. Designers and developers of mobile apps are challenged to provide superb user experience on resource-limited platforms where memory, processing power and battery life are at a premium. In this course, we present Apple's approach to mobile app design and development, as reflected in the design of the IOS platform, the Model View-Controller (MVC) paradigm and IOS's various high and low-level frameworks. Objective-C, the native programming language for IOS, is exposed and explained step-by-step. Students will be introduced to the Xcode integrated development environment, extensively using it to develop several applications from scratch. From our experience, learning IOS is best accomplished by doing. Accordingly, the course includes live demos and extensive individual lab work.
Pre-Requisites-- Experience in Object Oriented programming language.
- The Mobile App Paradigm
- Introduction to Xcode